DYK: Introduce a Warm Transfer

DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
edited March 2017 in Tips & Tricks
While you may already be familiar with the warm transfer feature, did you know that you can actually have you, your caller, and your transferred caller all on the same line at once?

To introduce a warm transfer on your active call:

- Click Transfer
- Enter your recipient's # or search by name
- Click Ask First
- Once you're connected to your recipient, navigate back to your caller on hold
- Click Merge

Now all three of you are on an active call, where you can introduce your caller to your recipient before handing off the call.

When you're ready, click Transfer on your initial caller's screen to finalize your transfer.

Comments

• Matt ScottMatt Scott Member Posts: 46 ✭✭

Is this option available on the basic Dialpad plan? We have a client that is becoming frustrated. Their executive assistant takes a call on their behalf, then transfers it to the executive - and on the softphone the Caller ID doesn't change or reset once the transfer is completed, so the Executive doesn't know when to start speaking. We'd really like a solution to this issue for our client.

Regards,

Matt Scott
    One Stop PC Doc IT Solutions LLC
    Roanoke, Virginia

Can't seem to get a response on this one.

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hey @Matt Scott. Let me dig into this and get back to you. I'll reply on this thread.

Thanks Kate.

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hey @Matt Scott — spoke with our team and we've opened an improvement task to get that fixed.

In the meantime, here are my two suggestions:

1.) The Exec-Assist follows the steps I outlined above so that all three parties (Exec-Assist | Caller | Exec) are on one call at the same time. Then the Exec-Assist can hop off and allow the Exec + Caller to continue their call.

2.) Exec-Assist selects "Transfer Now" so that the call rings out to the Exec with the appropriate caller ID (and the Exec can always screen/decline the call when it comes in).

As soon as the improvement task is completed I will let you know.

Thank you Kate. Looking forward to having you guys get this fixed up. Serious problem. Something with the SIP header or something.