Jeremy PowlusJeremy Powlus Member Posts: 1
How about a vacation mode? With a few options such as:

- send calls direct to vm with a "out of the office" outgoing message
or
- forward all calls to another number

- auto-respond to sms with an out of the office message
or
- forward all sms to another user

I know we can manually do the Out Of Office VM with the user set to Do Not Disturb, but it'd be really nice to be able to have it all turn on and off with one toggle (including switching the OGM). Having calls lumped into a vacation mode toggle would simply be a convenience, but the sms is a real problem as we use that quite a bit. Folks who aren't aware that an employee is on vacation have no way to know that their sms messages are just piling up unseen...or is there some setting I've missed?

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Good suggestion! I'll submit the OOO SMS message as a feature request. Keep you posted!
  • dbourcityblockdbourcityblock Member Posts: 1
    Is this still in the queue? We're struggling to figure out how staff will forward their text messages over the holidays.
  • Brynn GaetaBrynn Gaeta Administrator, Moderator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 34 admin
    @dbourcityblock This feature does not exist yet, I have resubmitted/upvoted it with our team on your behalf.
  • Max_WinklerMax_Winkler Member Posts: 1
    I am chiming in that SMS vacation auto-response is a highly needed feature for our organization as well. We serve individuals with disabilities who sometimes have semi-urgent needs and prefer to text message because of their disability and need to be routed to someone who can respond when their primary service provider is not available.