Contact sync with Google

Marco MMarco M Posts: 4Member
Hi,
It seems that if I create a contact in Google Contacts and assign the number a label like Home, Mobile, etc., the Contact name will sync but the number won't.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Posts: 454Administrator, Vanilla Admins admin
    What happens if you don't add a label to the # and just add it to the first phone field?
  • Marco MMarco M Posts: 4Member
    Then it syncs correctly.
    @Marco M So I did a little testing on my own and here's what I found:

I add a contact in Google and don't add a label to the phone #. When I pull up that contact in Dialpad and select 'Edit Contact', I'm able to adjust the label from Dialpad and it syncs back to my Google contact.

I'll follow up with my team about changing the field in Google and having it sync back to Dialpad and let you know what they say.
    OK. We are trying import many contacts to multiple phones so going one-by-one is not an option. For now, we are just leaving it blank but this prevents us from adding more than one phone number per contact.

Thanks.
    Hey @Marco M following back up:

I did a little more digging and it turns out that the phone # will sync (it'll just take a little longer to appear in your search results in Dialpad).

The sync just isn't real-time for what you're doing. When we pull search results, we do that in real-time, but contact data syncing isn't as quick (just so we're not hitting Google with request after request after request).

Does that make sense?
    Hi,
    My experience was that even after a f ew days, nothing was synced from Google to Dialpad, other than the name.
    I don't mind trying it again and let you know.