Dialpad has duplicate contacts which aren't duplicated in G Suite

William_CobbWilliam_Cobb Posts: 4Member
As the title says, here's a screenshot of the duplicated contact in DialPad: http://d3fy.xyz/YVhwpk

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Posts: 454Administrator, Vanilla Admins admin
    Hey @William_Cobb — I can shed some light on what's going on:

The contact under Personal is just that, a personal direct contact tied to your personal account.

The same contact under Departments, however, is a Department contact because they've engaged with that Department (messaged, called, faxed).

When that contact calls your Department, we just display the # so that other Department Operators or your Department Admin can save the Department contact in a way that will be searchable by the rest of your team.

In the long run, it's our way to give you more transparency into the contacts that are engaging with specific Departments.

Does that make sense?
  • William_CobbWilliam_Cobb Posts: 4Member
    Thank you @DialpadHQ
  • William_CobbWilliam_Cobb Posts: 4Member
    I think it makes sense to have the transparency like that so we know what department they are interacting with, but I think it's hard to manage separate contact accounts and message threads and contact info.

For me, as a feature request, I'd like to have this information indicated on ONE contact card per person. So if "Dave" called/texted the IT department then that would be indicated on the message itself and not in a whole separate place. I'd like to see all of Dave's conversations in one place instead of searching for multiple ones (even if it was separate, but there were tabs above the message thread so I could quickly switch between them, would be an improvement).
  • DialpadHQDialpadHQ Posts: 454Administrator, Vanilla Admins admin
    I will submit! We're always looking to improve contact syncing.
This discussion has been closed.