Whats Going with Dialpad Lately?

Matthew FultonMatthew Fulton VenturaPosts: 22Member ✭✭✭
We are consistently having random glitches with Dialpad for the past 2+ weeks. Is there a major update in the works right now or something? For example, my business partners name will just disappear unless I search for it? Calls will not answer. Call just dropped. Ring tone will continue as one long ring.

Let me know whats in the works please!

Answers

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Posts: 454Administrator, Vanilla Admins admin
    Hm.. @Matthew Fulton that sounds like some odd behavior. Wondering if maybe it's a network issue? I'm going to submit this thread as a ticket and have one of our Support reps follow up with you.

They'll need some examples of this weird behavior, so if you can capture a screenshot or better yet, a screen recording, that would help speed up the troubleshooting on their end.

Thanks for your patience, Matthew! We'll get this taken care of.
  • Michael LawsMichael Laws Posts: 1Member
    Today may have been the final straw with Dialpad. Major outage and apparently no way to reach anyone at all to find out what in the &$^#%$% is going on aside from repeatedly checking https://status.dialpad.com/ . This does not inspire confidence. I don't know how you can expect to hold on to customers with this type of experience. I tried to reach someone even at sales in order to find out what is happening. But there is absolutely no way to reach a human being even on the sales line... not even using my cell phone. Real inspirational that a telephone company appears to have no way for someone to reach anyone in tech support or even sales. I'm afraid I'll have to start looking at other options for my telephone service.

This is completely ridiculous and is going to cause your customers to leave in absolute DROVES. It's very sad because the product itself is very useful and functional when it works. But when it DOESN'T work, you have to have a reasonable way for people to find out what is happening and WHY, and when a solution can be anticipated, not just leaving them out in the cold without any information.
  • Matt ScottMatt Scott Posts: 35Member ✭✭
    I don't think Dialpad is going to make it. Their support isn't good. It sucks, because we're a happy customer and a Dialpad affiliate, but when our customers need support, it's really hard to get someone to respond. Chat is good, but even small businesses on a basic plan aren't even offered that. Waiting for an email response isn't good enough. Sucks to see this happening. We're beginning to onboard users to Skype for Business PSTN in favor of Dialpad.
    Edit: in favor/instead of.
  • DuffDuff Posts: 3Member
    Agreed...it seems that since I came back to Dialpad a couple months ago there hasn't been a single day trouble free. Ported a number over, that took my whole system down and they took a week to fix it. Now can't receive/send SMS from all lines consistently and almost daily it stops being able to dial. The worst part is they claim the "Telephony Team" has been emailing me for days trying to deal with it, but no emails from apparently the only person in the company who can help me are coming through. Conveniently, emails from everyone else there telling me this guy is emailing me are!!
  • Matthew FultonMatthew Fulton VenturaPosts: 22Member ✭✭✭
    Yup! And Now, I am not getting text messages to my main number from some of my applications that need multifactor authentication. For the longest time they worked great but now I have at least 4 different ones that no longer come through.

No Offense but maybe its time to focus less on the free accounts and more on fixing the ones that are already paying.
    Hi all --

If you haven't already, please let our support team know of any issues with your service and we'll do our best to address and resolve them ASAP.
    I have been waiting for support for hours!
    I emailed Joey Roome who is my sales rep at 9:06 AM EST begging for support with a new client we have. No response. I emailed "Ashley S" or support+id316797@dialpad.zendesk.com over 90 minutes later. No response. It is now 5:44PM EST. How the hell am I expected to sell this product without being able to get support?! Joey Roome has in the past attempted to shake my client down saying we can get better support only if we purchase a minimum of 6 users on the Pro Plan. Well guess what, this new law office just opened and it's just one attorney and a paralegal. You guys are giving affiliates a black eye and tarnishing your image because you won't provide decent support.

WE NEED BETTER SUPPORT FROM DIALPAD
    Hi @Matt Scott Reaching out to you directly via DM.
    You must be writing a novel!
    Still nothing!