Call Recording

Can we fully automate call recording both for incoming and outgoing calls as well as when calls are transferred? Currently incoming calls are recorded when they go to 1 operator if the caller is transferred we lose the rest of the recording.
Also calls out must be manually recorded by the operator can this be switched on automatically to record all outgoing calls? Thanks

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hi @Peter Butler

Call recordings are tied to the individual calls that they occur on (so when you transfer to another user, we start a new recording since it's technically a new call).

One workaround I'd suggest is for you to add your users to a Department and turn automatic call recording on for that Department. This way, all calls that are received to that line that fan out to the Operators assigned will automatically record the calls. Plus, when Operators call out from Dialpad using that Caller ID, the call will automatically be recorded as well.
  • We have a department set up, but if I answer and have to transfer the call to another member of the department I still loose their recording