Text alert on main line

Tbla7034Tbla7034 Member Posts: 5
When using the app on iOS when a text is received there is no alert tone. Please enable this option.

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hey there!

Make sure that your Message notifications are turned on in your iOS app and that your sound is turned on for your phone. Just tested it here and seems to be working.
  • Tbla7034Tbla7034 Member Posts: 5
    Have done that plus reinstalled app. Still a no go.
  • DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Ah I know what the trouble is. We don't send push notifications for texts received on the Main Line if you're using the desktop app or iOS app but we do if you're using an Android app.

https://help.dialpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/212177303-Messaging-in-Dialpad-FAQs-

For the desktop app and iOS app, we will update the badge count on the app so there's some visual cue that you've received a message.
    Can you have it also alert please. That would be a great feature since android does.
  • Rob WrightRob Wright Member Posts: 1
    The lack of notifications when receiving a text to my main line is a major issue for me as well. Almost all of my clients text me to my main line and it is often hours before I notice the update on the badge count since there is no audible alert.
  • Jason SpencerJason Spencer Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    > @DialpadHQ said:
    > For the desktop app and iOS app, we will update the badge count on the app so there's some visual cue that you've received a message.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this. Why wouldn't you enable this on iOS or Desktop? Many of my clients send SMS to my main line number, particularly because it's the one out there visible to the public. I am constantly seeing messages that I miss because they sent it to the mainline or dept instead of direct to a team member (and in many cases, we want them to the department/mainline so anyone can respond ASAP).
    @DialpadHQ I don't understand and many others why you will not or have not enabled or made an option to enable alerts on main line text?? This is enabled on android but not iOS please dont tell me its a different iOS and your working on it.. This should have been done already and working.. We spend a-lot of money for your service and have been and are asking for this feature. Please turn it on so we may use this to keep in contact with our customers..

Thank you

> @Jason Spencer said:
    > > @DialpadHQ said:
    > > For the desktop app and iOS app, we will update the badge count on the app so there's some visual cue that you've received a message.
    >
    > I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this. Why wouldn't you enable this on iOS or Desktop? Many of my clients send SMS to my main line number, particularly because it's the one out there visible to the public. I am constantly seeing messages that I miss because they sent it to the mainline or dept instead of direct to a team member (and in many cases, we want them to the department/mainline so anyone can respond ASAP).
    >
  • Virginia IvyVirginia Ivy Member Posts: 7
    no sms alert on partners iphone is an epic struggle for her. She's in charge of most inbound client texts. I can't understand why it is rolled out on one OS and not the other. But whatdoIknow?