Porting numbers

Hello Dialpad Team,

Today is the day I have been informed we will have our numbers ported over to dialpad.

I have looked at our account and see the old numbers still there, which tells me this hasn't happened yet.

How will my team know when the calls should be coming through on dialpad following the successful port?

Will my main line I am ported numbers over-write the other numbers on my current dialpad account?

How do I manage what ported numbers get assigned to each user?

Thanks!

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin

Hi David, 

As long as there aren't any issues, you should see your ported numbers appear by the EOD and receive an email confirmation (or if you ported a number to a team member, they will receive the email). 

If there are any issues, our support team will reach out to you to let you know what's going on. 

During your porting process, you would have needed to assign each ported number to an individual or Dept/Main Line like in the example below.

And as far as your Main Line # port, here's what will happen:

1. Your ported in # will appear under your Main Line, along with the default Main Line # you were assigned when signing up for Dialpad

2. You will need to reach out to our support team ([email protected]) to have them remove the default Main Line #

3. Support team will remove that line so that moving forward, your Main Line # is the one that you've ported in. This will also keep you from being charged for an additional line.

Let me know if you have any other questions for us!