Adding Polycom Desk Phone

Hi, I'm looking to add Polycom desk phones I've purchased, but the options only allow me to add Obi phones. How do I get around this?

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hi there! Just submitted this thread as a ticket to our Support team. They'll handle from here!
  • Steven ChinSteven Chin Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have the same issue. Can you forward to Support so that I can resolve? Thanks.
  • Jay LamphereJay Lamphere Member Posts: 1
    same here getting frustrated...
  • DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin
    Hi guys,

Thanks for your patience. I've forwarded both of your comments over to our support team so they can take a look at what's going on.

Thank you!
  • Rivka StromRivka Strom Member Posts: 1
    We are having the same issue. Can you please include us so we can have this resolved?
  • Tim RileyTim Riley Member Posts: 1
    Please add me to the list as well - opened a support ticket but not hearing back from anyone.
  • Alex SoyaAlex Soya Member Posts: 1
    Same here... have a Polycom VVX 411 I want to add but no option for polycom phones is displayed
  • Matthew FultonMatthew Fulton VenturaMember Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    Same here... have a Polycom VVX 501 I want to add but no option for polycom phones is displayed
  • Sarah_Smith18Sarah_Smith18 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know if this have been resolved? We're going nuts over here trying to figured out our "compatible" phone and don't even have a support line to call and between all of us and 2 interns cant figure it out, whats up with that?!
  • Scott GretemanScott Greteman Member Posts: 4
    Same here. VVX311. Can someone please either post how these work or can someone from Dialpad please fix. About ready to scrap this whole project and go a different route.
  • Brynn GaetaBrynn Gaeta Administrator, Moderator Posts: 33 admin
    Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I've forwarded your comments over to our support team so they can take a look at what's going on.

Thank you!
    I am by no means an expert, i spoke to someone in support. The below worked for me on VVX 311 phone. Good luck.

Polycom VVX phones must be enabled on your account. If not enabled, there wont be an option in Dialpad to choose them. If enabled, follow the steps below.

The phone will reboot multiple times during this process.

1. Log into the Polycom web portal - Admin user PW 456
    To find the right ip address for the portal on your phone go to: Menu-->Settings-->Advanced-->Admin pw 456-->admin settings-->web server config-->enable & use both http and https. Go back to settings, then to Status. Go to network then TCP/IP parameters. Enter ipv4 into a address line in chrome or explorer on your pc.
    2. Once logged in, Click Utilities
    3. Click Software Upgrade
    4. Click "Click for updates"
    5. Install 5.6.1.1740 No other firmware will work.
    If it fails to install, redo. I had to on one phone.
    6. Go back in Polycom portal and clear all old settings
    Utilities-->Backup and restore-->Global settings-->Restore (to factory defaults)

Then go through the steps in the Dialpad portal.
    Add Desk phone
    Add Polycom phone
    Name it
    Hit next
    Copy the server address

Then back to Polycom portal
    Settings
    Provisioning Server
    Server Type: HTTPS
    Paste the above server address
    Delete user and pw - leave blank
    DHCP Menu change to Static

Save and Test. If it works you owe me a beer.
  • msprauvemsprauve Member Posts: 2
    Hi @Scott Greteman I followed your steps but I get lost after I name the polycom phone and hit next... I get a pop up instructing me to dial a number and enter a code not a server address... I wonder if you or any one can help
    I'm sorry if I missed a step. I believe when we started with Dialpad, A polycom phone wasn't available to choose from. The Dialpad rep had to turn something on in their portal. When I add a desk phone, My options are obi1000 series phone, 0bi300 + your current phone, and polycom phone. I select Polycom, then it prompts to set up a polycom phone. You name it, and then select who the phone is for. Hit next and it gives you a warning that the phone must meet certain requirements. Then hit next and there is a server address you can copy and paste into the Polycom portal from the IP address that is on your phone. Hope this helps.
  • KatieDavis123KatieDavis123 Member Posts: 2
    Same issue here. Please have someone from Support reach out asap. Purchased a Polycom VVX250 and there isn't a Polycom option when I attempt to add a Desk Phone.
  • KatieDavis123KatieDavis123 Member Posts: 2
    And @Scott Greteman I followed your steps but that software wasn't an option for me in the Polycom portal. Only later versions.
  • Brynn GaetaBrynn Gaeta Administrator, Moderator Posts: 33 admin
    Hey All! We are aware of a manufacturer issue with Polycom devices purchased through Dialpad not giving a code to configure. Please reach directly out to our support team at https://dialpad.com/contact-support for assistance.