Dial By Name Directory Custom Pronunciation

Is it possible to set custom pronunciation for the automated dial by name directory? Or record custom sound files for certain names?

Some of our employees have "non-standard" names (i.e.: Chinese, Italian, etc).

They haven't joined Dialpad quite yet (we have a pilot group currently) but we are expecting trouble from experience with other systems.

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin

Hi Markus, 

Yes, you can definitely record a custom sound file (.mp3) for your automated dial by name directory. 

Before you start, make sure that you're accessing Dialpad.com via a Chrome browser (for purposes of recording).

1. Navigate to Dialpad.com>Departments>Your Department>Business Hours & Call Handling.

2. After you select your first call handling option (Operators or System Greeting) you can select Automated Response Menu to create your dial by name directory. 

3. Next, choose Forward to a person/# from each number drop-down, and then type in your team member's name in the search field that appears.

4. Scroll down to the bottom of that menu where it says "Callers will hear this greeting..." to record your menu options

One thing to note - if you want your dial by directory to be available during open and closed business hours, you'll need to make sure that you've followed these steps under Open Hours Routing and Closed Hours Routing

If you have any other questions about setting up/customizing your Departments, this https://help.dialpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/210457423-Configure-Depts-#dept.-call-handling should help. 

Of course, let me know if there's anything else I can help with. 

Cheers -- 

This discussion has been closed.