Nested Text Messaging?

Hello,

Currently, each message between me and a correspondent is listed as a different line in my inbox. Is there a way to nest messages with a single person to resemble a more traditional messaging application? I can't scroll down through my history of conversations very well because of this!

Thanks!

Comments

• JohnnyBeGoodJohnnyBeGood Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    +1 for this. Many many updates before it use be just like one any other SMS messaging app but someone at Dialpad decided this way was much better.
  • F45F45 Member Posts: 6
    Wow, I am using Dialpad on trial and have only sent a few texts and had missed that this is how it is handled. There are a few other issues I've been trying to figure out a workaround for, but I think if this is how texting works, then Dialpad is a non-starter. I cannot maintain conversations with hundreds of people with one big list of text messages. Crazy.
    If you click on a recent message, it does pull up your entire conversation with that person. So I guess I'm not sure what the issue is?
    When I signed up I was given 2 numbers and I only needed one. When asked what's the reason for the second one I was told it is required in the system must be set up that way.

Second number is listed under department and when I tap on it gives me this issue where it shows each text as a new line and it does not have same effect as when I tap on the recent (first number) where it takes straight into messaging thread you know the kind that every smart phone in the world has.
    JohnnyBeGood, I'm with you, I'm finding this second line very troublesome. I really only want the one line - my main line - to be the face of my small business. The way DialPad is set up is not user friendly to your main line, everything runs through these user account lines. It is causing me lots of problems I am trying to figure out.
    Trust me I feel your pain. Since last year I'm struggling with this and it does not look like anyone at Dialpad cares.
    That said, in both the Windows and Android apps, I am able to click or double click any message from both my main line and my department line and it pulls up the entire conversation between that number and the contact.