International Dialing Issues

Hi Dialpad,

A couple weeks ago, I was traveling to London for work and making outbound international calls from my dialpad app, +1 646-585-9414. I was on wifi and when I looked back at my personal data plan, I was charged a huge amount! Can you explain why this happened??

The other issue I'm experiencing is that when making outbound international calls from the US, the service is spotty and staticky and I can't hold a conversation at all.

Overall, simply trying to make international calls without the extra fees and extra static.

Thanks!

Esther

Comments

• DialpadHQDialpadHQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 468 admin

Hi Rachel, 

First, I'm sorry that you were surprised by charges on your account and your recent poor call quality. Let's address both of those issues: 

I took a look at your account and I can confirm that your recent mobile calls have been placed/received over your carrier and not with HD Calling (VoIP). 

Can you verify that you enabled HD Calling for outbound/inbound calls on your iOS app? 

If you did enable it, your WiFi connection may not have been stable enough to connect the call using HD Calling - in those cases, we default to using data to make the call. 

We recommend changing your settings to Choose Before Each Call so you can verify whether or not your WiFi is stable enough to make the call over HD rather than your carrier (like when you're in the office vs. when you're at a local coffee shop). 

With regards to the poor call quality - would you mind sending a ticket to our support team to investigate your issue further? They would need the following information:

• Date of the call 
    • Time of the call
    • Caller you were trying to reach (their phone number)

Let me know if I can answer any other questions. 

Cheers --