Zapier

2»

Comments

• Bianca PadillaBianca Padilla Member Posts: 1
    This is such a common feature in any major application... I can't believe it doesn't already exist. Serious disappointment and may need to switch services because of this.

+1 x 100000
  • ChrisBuckelyChrisBuckely Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Any word on Zapier? It looks like a lot of people can use this!
  • Alex BassAlex Bass Buffalo, NYMember Posts: 17 ✭✭✭
    Was just told that a Zapier beta is coming soon! Apparently, they have been hard at work and finally listened to our outcries!

I am so happy and excited! I'm sure we will see something more official coming up soon! =)
  • Tracey LorensonTracey Lorenson Member Posts: 5
    When were you told that Alex? I'm hoping it comes soon. How will you all use zapier once it arrives?
    @Tracey Lorenson you might be able to reach out to them to get into the beta. I know it requires a higher tier though so if you are on the lowest tier, you won't get access unless that changes. We had to upgrade to the higher tier in order to get access to the beta though.
  • Red AbaldeRed Abalde Member Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    We had several client requests in Australia of this integration as well. It'll be good if this will be done.
  • mobetmanmobetman Member Posts: 1
    +1 Seems like a big fail not having this as part of your system. Most new apps add Zapier integration as one of the first things they do to help gain a wider audience.
  • james@idealcalibrations.com[email protected] Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Hey peoples on the Beta, how is it and what's included? Debating the upgrade.
    @[email protected] - I would say hold off a bit. They were actively working on it 5-6 months ago and then development slowed and then stopped. I am experiencing bugs with it and want some very simple triggers (have every single call inside or outside of the company to trigger an automation so that we can log the phone call). The reality of the situation is that I need to create an automation for each department to trigger, and it appears that any direct calls (to your direct phone number) are completely ignored (not yet functional).

I was told that they are working with Zapier to get approval or something this past week when I reached out but not sure where things stand exactly. It definitely feels like things have fallen off a bit and it hasn't been a major help. They definitely have the API triggers available because their native Slack integration does just about everything we want Zapier to do but have it push to our CRM, Copper, instead.

Zapier trigger still does not allow for SMS either (you can't have SMS trigger an automation).

Hoping to hear more soon and hope that they will update here with a status of everything once they refine it a bit more.
  • ChrisBuckelyChrisBuckely Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Need to add for zapier a trigger for sms when Sent and or received
  • Brian IngleBrian Ingle Member Posts: 1
    Any updates on this? When we signed up for Dialpad in 2016 we were told zapier integration was on the roadmap for 2017...

Also need this to integrate with Copper CRM. We like Dialpad but interoperability is absolutely critical in today's office stack. Not sure how much longer we can hold out, especially if it means upgrading $$, or paying for a custom integration.
    Agreed on the Copper point. I'm not really impressed by the current Zapier triggers available and how it is connected to Copper. It's too limiting, requires tons of separate zaps to be maintained, and still doesn't allow for external calls made from your line or internal calls made to your direct line. Missing SMS logging too.

You clearly allow for the API request because your Slack integration does a beautiful job. Now I just want to get this into Copper.

They simply need to allow for a broad trigger so every single call, incoming or outing triggers it, and then we can have it log on call end to Copper.
  • Ingo DeanIngo Dean Member Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed with the implementation. I can only have ZAPs based on the main number or a department number?? I need it for individual user numbers.

Worthless.
    @Ingo Dean, agreed, I spoke with the developer working on the Zapier integration and explained that the best implementation would be one that there is a default option to send ALL calls in/out through and we can use filtering/paths to do what we want to with it.

I have 8-9 zaps set up in order to try to accomplish the above and it's tough to manage and not even doing what we want it to do.

They are aware of this annoyance though and he sounded very much receptive to it.

Hopefully we'll see it trend toward this direction in the coming weeks/months.
  • Red AbaldeRed Abalde Member Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Zapier has been added which is good. When can we expect other possible zaps? Syncing contacts from a CRM to DP and VV will be helpful. Being DP doesn't integrate with a lot of CRM.