Major deficiencies for an established product

Ingo DeanIngo Dean Member Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

We're currently evaluating the platform, but have come across several obvious missing features that our 10+ year old Shoretel system had no issues with:

• Holiday schedule for main number(s)
  • Scheduling for app so you don't get work calls on your mobile after working hours at home
  • Personal Call Routing to make certain (nuisance) incoming calls go directly to VM while other VIP contacts (your boss) go to your mobile even after-hours

Am I missing something obvious, or are these really not available?

Comments

• Dialpad HQDialpad HQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 467 admin
    Hey @Ingo Dean

Thanks for reaching out to us! These are all great suggestions. While I don't have a specific timeline to share with you at this moment, I can say that our team is currently working on the holiday hour routing feature.

Call routing, whether scheduling calls to ring a specific device or to not ring when a certain person calls, are definitely on our product roadmap but I'm not sure exactly when they'll be live.

Workaround suggestions for your second request about scheduling calls so they don't ring your device after hours:

- Toggle your cell to DND
    - Turn off 'Ring this Device' from your mobile app settings

I'll have more updates for you once these features go live.
  • Ingo DeanIngo Dean Member Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

Thanks, @Kate Walsh

• _DND _would block all calls, even from my boss. Not good.
    • Turning off_ 'Ring this Device' _would also make me miss calls from my boss. Not good.
    • _DND _has only manual scheduling - it has to be turned on by hand every day when I leave the office. Not good.

We need two things:
    1. Priority call handling by address book group or individual number.
    2. User Automation so that (regular) calls outside of business hours can be sent to VM if the user doesn't like to work 24/7.

(I found the Block Caller option, it just wasn't where I expected to see it, so the Nuisance Caller problem is actually not an issue at all.)

@Kate Walsh said:

Workaround suggestions for your second request about scheduling calls so they don't ring your device after hours:

- Toggle your cell to DND

@Kate Walsh

Are either of these on the roadmap yet?

1. Priority call handling by address book group or individual number to override Do-Not-Disturb setting
    2. User Automation so that (regular) calls outside of business hours can be sent to VM if the user doesn't like to work 24/7.
  • Chris MckulkaChris Mckulka Member Posts: 13
    Both of these features would be very valuable to me!
  • Dialpad HQDialpad HQ Administrator, Vanilla Admins Posts: 467 admin
    @Ingo Dean @Chris Mckulka We may have a solution for the smart call routing in the Call Center feature we're currently building.

I haven't had a chance to test the feature yet myself, but I can keep you guys updated as things progress.
    @Kate Walsh I would definitely like to be kept in the loop. The biggest complaint we've had from our users since rollout is that they get woken up when they forget to put their phone into Do Not Disturb modes after work or they don't do use DND because they're afraid to miss an emergency call from their manager.

If there's a Beta, please sign us up.
  • Chris MckulkaChris Mckulka Member Posts: 13
    Thanks @Kate Walsh . I'll watch this thread.
  • Doug AlderDoug Alder Member Posts: 1
    We are west coast DST and in admin it is set to GMT -7 so that is correct. We have the sales group set to be available only between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30PM so imagine my surprise when my cellphone and home desktop started ringing at 7:30am this morning. Any suggestions as to why this happened?
  • Keith MansfieldKeith Mansfield Member Posts: 4
    Any more consideration on holiday tables for non working days ?
    Anyone from @Dialpad Admin still here?